Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
We have moved and changed our name and look, check out the new

Chaos Mafia Website

Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night

Go down 
+3
x_shadowhawk_x
peacekeeper666
sofaking_smooth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sofaking_smooth
Pack Officer
Pack Officer
sofaking_smooth

Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Empty
PostSubject: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 2:53 pm

Demon_Dogs pack playing some Interdiction

Wednesday June 23rd

5 to 8 pm (cst)

Everyone try to join us!

Last edited by sofaking_smooth on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
peacekeeper666
Pack Officer
Pack Officer
peacekeeper666

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:20 pm

That would be 6-9pm EST for folks on the east end.

-Sam
Back to top Go down
x_shadowhawk_x
Pack Officer
Pack Officer
x_shadowhawk_x

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 3:25 pm

hey Peace finally gets how this time zone thing works
Back to top Go down
peacekeeper666
Pack Officer
Pack Officer
peacekeeper666

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 5:24 pm

loll i knew one of u would say that. I was having an off moment.
Back to top Go down
Gore

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:07 am

Hmm, that would be 11pm-2am in my time. I should be able to get in an hour or so with you at 11pm time, but I have work the next day so can't be playing too late on a Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
baka_player
Pack Officer
Pack Officer
baka_player

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 11:09 am

i'm in, let's do this
Back to top Go down
skyoversaturn

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 8:12 am

I might be able to make it, I work til 8pm est
Back to top Go down
x_shadowhawk_x
Pack Officer
Pack Officer
x_shadowhawk_x

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 9:37 am

I'm sure that most will be on later than 9
Back to top Go down
peacekeeper666
Pack Officer
Pack Officer
peacekeeper666

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:12 pm

Ya i won't be on till after 9pm est now. Stuff to do. But i'll be playing for many hours once I get on
Back to top Go down
x_shadowhawk_x
Pack Officer
Pack Officer
x_shadowhawk_x

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:16 pm

Crying or Very sad see you then
Back to top Go down
peacekeeper666
Pack Officer
Pack Officer
peacekeeper666

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:24 pm

How great was last night though Shadow! when was the last time we had 6 members on at the same time.

When I first played one of the Interdiction maps I was like Holy Sh*T!!! It's so confusing and chaotic. But got used to it pretty quick.

If you guys weren't on last night, you won't want to miss tonight! That was super fun.

I was happy that there weren't any lag, or disconnect issues or anything like that as there usually is with their DLC's.

The matches were super quick to get into too!

Loved the chaos!
Back to top Go down
peacekeeper666
Pack Officer
Pack Officer
peacekeeper666

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:57 pm

I updated the game night to be from 5pm CST till WHENEVER.

It doesn't have to end so soon at 8pm folks. If you're a nighthawk like I am, then let's have some fun!

-Sam
Back to top Go down
x_shadowhawk_x
Pack Officer
Pack Officer
x_shadowhawk_x

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 1:30 pm

yeah I too am really looking forward to tonight. We should have a pretty full crew and with a few people looking for clans from the MAG forums we may have some more new guys to roll with.
Back to top Go down
Gore

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:11 am

I was playing until about 11pm my time last night and was playing on my lonesome all night Sad am I the only one that finds interdiction a dissapointment? It just seems there is just not as much tactics to it, and just seems like any domination game-mode in any FPS. It just seems there are very little tactics to it compared to the other game-modes.
Back to top Go down
sofaking_smooth
Pack Officer
Pack Officer
sofaking_smooth

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:57 am

Nope I'm with you Gore. I was on around 4:30 pm CST and it said you logged off 2 minutes ago.

Anyway I agree about Interdiction. After playing last night with the group I still don't like it. We were everywhere. We started trying to catch each objective and ended up scattered, then shadow through out lets just stay at one objective, and that was better but still not great. By the 5th or 6th game we played I was honestly ready to stop playing Interdiction.

Not to mention that it seemed like a huge cluster. There were no tactics involved, people all over the place. If you were unlucky and didn't have your APC then you were stuck running what seemed like forever.
Back to top Go down
x_shadowhawk_x
Pack Officer
Pack Officer
x_shadowhawk_x

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:10 am

Sorry that neither of you like it. I guess since I was not around in the Sver beginning I do not understand what this "tactic" thing is. I came from Valor in the beginning and the only "tactic" they showed was strap on the LMG and lets mow grass. I have played AQ, DOM, SABO and at this point tactics are really not present in any mode for me. I know what to do and where to go but I am always up for some tactics.

Tactics for the new mode--take the APC to "their" letter (A or B), SL call in air strike at it in the beginning. Capture this letter and stay there. This will not be as action packed as running everywhere but it is near their spawn so they will try to get this letter back. Have at least 1 repair kit for the group. Either keep the APC moving or park it far enough away that the other team will not blow it up. A 75 meter run is better than 380 meters everytime you die. This will allow 7 other squads to take C or B and hold it for the match. We have used this tactic several times now and it seems to work well. Either Sver is better or this works. I have also seen other squads start using this after hearing us talk about it over proxy chat....just a thought
Back to top Go down
skunkape167

skunkape167

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:48 am

My thought of strategy is this

First and second platoon Alpha squad - Go to A
1st and 2nd Bravo - got to B
1st and 2nd Charlie - Go to C

Delta's. well there Delta, so they're special force and one defends our motar, the other attacks. Also, act as support if one letter get overrun.

Seems pretty simple - that is if ppl follow orders
Back to top Go down
Gore

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:59 am

I wouldn't say I don't like it, its just not half as good as I was hoping.

Like you say, the tactics would be Alpha squads go for A, Bravo, B etc..etc..

And thats pretty much it. At least in domination you have to work your way deeper into their base, taking out AA guns, sensor arrays and bunkers, each having an impact on the game. In Interdiction there is none of this, except maybe the mortar.

There are countless online games with a 'Domination' mode like this, e.g BFBC 2, and to be honest, BFBC 2 does it better.

Don't get me wrong, im glad I bought the Interdiction pack as it adds variety to the game, but it could have been so much more.
Back to top Go down
x_shadowhawk_x
Pack Officer
Pack Officer
x_shadowhawk_x

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:05 am

yeah it could have been so much more, but with the out cry for a neutral game mode this style is really the only option. That or rotate attack and defend on the same map. I agree this style has been done more times than not but like you said it does offer vareity. I would say that most will be back to DOM soon as the points per game are higher and there is more to do, if nothing else this will give the players who like to just run around somewhere to go.
Back to top Go down
skunkape167

skunkape167

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:27 am

I agree - not that ground breaking, but still a fun mode. I would say this is better than AQ. I like the urban environment/CC of both modes, but AQ has some serious flaws which prevent me from enjoying the mode...

AQ flaw: You can dominate your side and the enemy could not even reach your Vehicle, but the other side could totally suck and both APC's go out that side and you loose. Its not a true 64v64 - its two 32v32 on a map cut in half. INT is a true 64v64 battle

3 ways to solve AQ IMHO -

1) only 1 APC per side can be taken out. Once one side gets it, they go to the other side/map (near impossibility BTW w/ current map set ups) All you have to do is have 1 pod at spawn and not two.

2) cut the map in half and make it 32v32, same as Sabo, and INT is the 64v64 mode. Basically this is the way AQ plays anyway

3) cut the map in half again so all 64 are either attacking or defending 2 APC's, not 4

w/ 2 and 3, you actually double your map options and therefore add diversity to the maps- I mean its already done b/c of the inability to cross sections, but this would be more noticeable and not so much a smoke and mirror facade of 64v64.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night   Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demon_Dogs Interdiction Game Night
Page 1 of 1